Thursday, November 1, 2007

Lost but not Forgotten

Good morning, angels.

I know I've been lost in no man's land for some time now, and I seem to have mossed Jen's wedding, but I'm afraid I didn't get an invitation, so I missed out big time. And you guys missed seeing my chic new bob, complete with trendy swoop bangs. (I was a project/test for a friend in beauty school, and luckily for me and her grade, it turned out well.)

Since you saw me last I have moved into the condo that Zack and I bought in June. Our renters' daughter was just too sick and they needed family support, so we let them out of their lease and FINALLY moved away from my nutty inlaws. (my address: 3510 S 300 East aptD) My department at Regence has dissolved as of today and I have taken a demotion in title but no pay cut. It sucks, but at least I am not unemployed completely. Zack got a promotion, and is now doing accounting for the company he is with, Billiardex. They are looking for a Sr. Accountant, and he is going to apply for that too.

I will be hosting Thanksgiving again this year, and preparations are already being made for that. The first thing I need to do is buy chairs for our dining room table. Right now we have a beautiful table that I bought second hand for a total steal, but no chairs. Our dining room looks a bit odd with just a table, but I am trying to remedy that.

Preparations are also being made to start a family. We are not pregnant, nor are we trying, but we will be thinking about trying in the spring or summer of '08, but we are getting our acts together now by starting a baby fund, buying maternity clothes that I like and find on end of season clearance type sales, and storing things away for a rainy day.

For Halloween I was a black widow and Zack a knight, but the real star of the show was my niece Willow dressed as a fairy. I made her costume and it was awesome! I took the day off and we did a parade at my office, her mom's office, her grammie's office, and a ward trunk or treat. She was very easily distracted with all of the stimuli, but all in all it was a good day.

Enough about me. It has been great to hear from all of you. Congrats Megan and Jen. Thanks Nicole, and way to be, everyone! I love and have missed you.

1 comments:

Nicole said...

Wow! This is so exciting to hear from you Jaimee! I love this blog. And don't feel bad for not getting an invite to Jen's wedding. You are not the only one. In fact, I'm beginning to wonder of Jen sent invitations out at all! Or more likely someone at the post office has a vendetta against her. Postal workers can be so disgruntled! You were definitely missed, is my point. I'm so glad you posted!